On The Web
Bob Liff is a former White House advance staffer for President Jimmy Carter who went on to become a key political reporter and columnist in New York City for New York Newsday and the Daily News, assigned primarily to City Hall and his native Brooklyn.
His extensive work covering economic development, land use disputes, politics, budgets, ethnic affairs, demographic trends, and the history of the city serves him well in understanding the needs of George Arzt Communications’ New York and national clients.
Bob has also been an adjunct professor at the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, teaching budding journalists how to cover local politics. He also hosts the CUNY Forum on CUNY-TV.
Appearances on CUNY TV
- [LIVE] Analysis of Mayoral Debate
October 23, 2013
- Ronnie Eldridge, Doug Muzzio, and Bob Liff
June 24, 2003
- Ethics and Policy-Making in New York State
March 9, 2015
- Educational Access and Attainment in New York
November 3, 2014
- Affordable Housing and Social Justice in NYC
October 6, 2014
- New York's Aging Infrastructure...
May 5, 2014
- Immigration and Social Justice in New York
March 31, 2014
- New York's Progressive Agenda: Will the Rubber Hit the Road?
March 3, 2014
- The Big Apple in 2014: Tale of a New City?
November 25, 2013
- Special: Mayoral Debate Analysis
October 28, 2013
- The Right to the City and the Right to City Hall
September 30, 2013
- Primary Collages? Racing to the Race for Office in New York City
April 29, 2013
- The Clean-Up Continues: Post-Sandy Recovery and NYC's Physical Fitness
March 25, 2013
- Politics, Policy & Power in Albany: Trouble in Paradise?
February 25, 2013
- Post-Election Analysis: What's Next?
December 3, 2012
- Election Day Preview: Defining the 2012 Political Landscape
November 10, 2012
- Elections & Campaign Finance in 2012: Citizens vs. Goliath?
October 15, 2012
- Redistricting: Mapping the Future of New York's Political Communities
May 7, 2012
- Policing the Community: Policy Contests in the City That Never Sleeps
April 2, 2012
- The Fracas Over Hydrofracking: Energy, Economy, Environment
March 5, 2012
- Occupational Hazards: Balancing Public Policy and Economic Growth
November 28, 2011
- Immigration and Security in New York: W(h)ither Secure Communities?
November 7, 2011
- Rebuilding after 9/11: A Brighter Apple
September 27, 2011
- Governor Cuomo's First 100 Days... Plus.
May 3, 2011
- The Politics of Fiscal Uncertainty: Whither Public Employee Unions?
March 29, 2011
- Politics in the Empire State: Redistricting Reform in New York?
March 1, 2011
- Politics and Policy in 2011: Fasten Your Seatbelts
November 23, 2010
- Elections 2010: Political Culture and Contest, NY2DC
October 26, 2010
- New York's Living Wage Battle: Economic Development & Community Benefits in the Big Apple
September 28, 2010
- 2010 Census: Who Counts? Who's Counted?
April 20, 2010
- Charter Revision and Governmental Reform in New York
March 23, 2010
- Politics & Policy in New York State: Turmoil and Reform in Albany
February 23, 2010
- Refacing City Hall? Change and Continuity in the Council Chamber
November 24, 2009
- The New Demographics of Voting in NYC
October 27, 2009
- America's Healthcare Debate: Wither the Public Option?
September 29, 2009
- Mayoral Control of the Schools: Change or Continuity?
April 21, 2009
- Death & Taxes: Fair Share Reform in New York
March 24, 2009
- Economic Crisis in the Empire State
February 24, 2009
- Election 2008: An Obama Presidency - What's Ahead?
November 18, 2008
- Election 2008: The Urban Agenda
October 21, 2008
- Election 2008: The Endurance of Identity Politics
September 23, 2008
- The New York Budget Crisis: How Tight Our Belts?
April 29, 2008
- A New Administration in Albany: Where Do We Go From Here?
March 25, 2008
- Election 2008: A Generation X Factor"
March 4, 2008
- The Rise and Fall of Governor Spitzer's Driver's License Proposal: What's Next?
November 27, 2007
- Pricing in New York: Impacts on the Environment and Transportation
October 30, 2007
- Ethics in New York: Can Government Govern Itself?
September 25, 2007
- Budget and Finance Reform in New York State: The Spitzer Agenda
April 24, 2007
- Bob Liff
April 24, 2007
- New York State 2007: Eliot Spitzer, The First 100 Days
March 27, 2007
- Eliot Spitzer: Sheriff of State Street
February 27, 2007
- Election 2006 & Policy 2007: What's in Store?
November 28, 2006
- Election 2006 - New York
October 24, 2006
- Mega Development in New York City: Policies and Priorities
September 26, 2006
- Courts on Trial: Judicial Politics in New York
April 27, 2006
- The Future of New York's Labor Market
March 21, 2006
- Health Care Delivery in New York City
February 21, 2006
- Election 2005: What's Next?
November 29, 2005
- Election 2005 in New York City
October 25, 2005
- Emergency Preparedness in New York City: Are We Ready?
September 29, 2005
- West Side Story: The Battle Continues
April 19, 2005
- Public Authorities in New York: Shadows or Necessities?
March 22, 2005
- Fixing Albany: Governmental Reform in New York State
February 22, 2005
- Where Do We Go from Here: The November Election and New York City
November 30, 2004
- Homeland Security, Education and Social Programs
October 26, 2004
- Election 2004: The Domestic Agenda: Healthcare, Housing & Employment
September 28, 2004
- Education Reform in NYC
April 20, 2004
- Immigration and Community in New York City
March 16, 2004
- New York City and the World Market: Economic Development in a Global Milieu
February 17, 2004
- Labor and the Grassroots: Working Class Politics in the 21st Century
November 25, 2003
- The Fate and Future of Political Parties in New York City
October 21, 2003
- For Whom the Bills Toll: Albany's Obligation to NYC
September 23, 2003
- The Limits of Freedom: Civil Liberties in Wartime
March 18, 2003
- Back to the Future: New York's Looming Fiscal Crisis
November 19, 2002
- The Future of Public Higher Education
October 22, 2002
- How's He Doing? A Review of the Bloomberg Mayoralty.
September 24, 2002
- Elections 2002
April 30, 2002
- Redeveloping Ground Zero: What is to be Done?
March 19, 2002
- Media Conference Special
March 1, 2002
- Reforming Public Schools in NYC: Whither the Board of Ed?
February 27, 2002
- The New New York
November 17, 2001
- Homeland Security and Civil Liberties
October 30, 2001
- Rebuilding New York City
October 2, 2001
Eldridge & Co.
- NY Politics: Mid-Year Review
June 11, 2002