On The Web
Leroy Comrie represents the New York City Council District 27, which comprises St. Albans, Cambria Heights, Jamaica, Hollis, Rosedale, and other neighborhoods within the borough of Queens.
A former Chief of Staff to City Councilman Archie Spigner — whom he succeeded in office — for seven years, Council Member Leroy Comrie was elected to represent the 27th District in January 2002. He now chairs the Consumer Affairs Committee. He has also served as Majority Whip for his Democratic colleagues on the Council, as well as head of the Queens delegation.
Comrie has also served as a member and president of Community School Board 29.
Comrie appeared on The Daily Show, promoting a ban on the word "Nigger."
Appearances on CUNY TV
Brian Lehrer Live
- Jamaica Shooting and Authentic Voice
November 29, 2006
- New Queens Deputy Borough President
January 15, 2014
- Rebuilding after 9/11: A Brighter Apple
September 27, 2011
- The Rise and Fall of Governor Spitzer's Driver's License Proposal: What's Next?
November 27, 2007
CUNY TV Special
- Helen Marshall: The Queen of Queens
December 4, 2013