MARIAN SELDES’ many Broadway credits include Deuce with co-star Angela Lansbury, 45 Seconds From Broadway, Deathtrap (Tony nomination), The Merchant, Equus, Father's Day (Tony nomination, Drama Desk Award), Before You Go, A Delicate Balance (Tony Award), Tiny Alice, The Milk Train Doesn't Stop Here Anymore, A Gift of Time, The Wall, The Chalk Garden, Ondine, The High Ground, The Tower Beyond Tragedy, That Lady, Crime and Punishment, Medea. For Lincoln Center Theater, she has appeared in Dinner at Eight, Ring Round the Moon (Tony nominations) and Ivanov. Off-Broadway: Terrence McNally's Dedication, or the Stuff of Dreams at Primary Stages, Diff'rent, The Ginger Man (Obie), Isadora Duncan (Obie), Painting Churches (Outer Critics Circle Award), Richard II, Richard III, Mercy Street, Dear Liar, A Bright Room Called Day, Three Tall Women, The Torch-Bearers, The Butterfly Collection, The Play About the Baby, Helen, Play Yourself and Beckett/Albee. Williamstown Theatre Festival: The Royal Family, The Matchmaker, The Skin of Our Teeth and the premiere of Dedication. She received the Obie Award for Sustained Achievement and was inducted into the Theatre Hall of Fame in 1996. She is the author of The Bright Lights: A Theatre Life and Time Together, a novel.
Appearances on CUNY TV
ATW's Working in the Theatre
Conversations with William M. Hoffman
Symphony Space: Selected Shorts
- A Celebration of the Short Story Program 4
January 1, 1996
- Theater Talk Classic: Angela Lansbury and Marian Seldes on Deuce
January 17, 2015
- "Billy & Ray"; also Remembering Marian Seldes
October 18, 2014
- Tony Awards Wrap-up with theater columnists Jesse Green of "New York Magazine," Patrick Healy of The New York Times, and Michael Musto of "The Village Voice. Plus, the great Marian Seldes."
June 19, 2010
- Angela Lansbury and Marian Seldes, stars of "Deuce."
May 18, 2007
- Marian Seldes & Warren Leight
October 15, 2005
- Marian Seldes
January 13, 2001
- Marian Seldes and Mercedes Ruehl
Women in Theatre
- Marian Seldes
September 22, 2003