This edition: Rising Temperatures, Rising Waters
Original tape date: May 3, 2012.
First aired: May 9, 2012.
On this edition of 219West, we examine the effects of climate change on rising temperatures and on rising waters; we turn the spotlight on some artists who are using their craft to weigh-in on gentrification in Harlem and deejays weigh-in on the changes in their craft as technology evolves.
Jean Altomare Activist, 350.org Climate Change Awareness
Shawn Batey Director/Producer, "Changing Face of Harlem"
Jaylene Clark Executive Director, Harlem KW Project LLC
Benjamin Cook Climate Change Specialist
Marcus Dargan Artistic Director, NuAfrican Theater
David Graves Farmer, Berkshire Berries
DJ Kraft Instructor, Scratch DJ Academy
Dr. Moris Nejat Allergist
Nevia No Farmer, Bodhitree Farm
Guy Nordenson Architect
Cynthia Rosenzweig Senior Research Scientist, NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
Peter Ryan Farmer, Breezy Hill Orchard
Catherine Seavitt Architect
- Challenging the Status Quo
- Tuesday, August 21 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, August 22 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, August 25 - 7:30am
- Sunday, August 26 - 6:30pm
- Cabs, Competition and Congestion
- Tuesday, July 17 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, July 18 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, July 21 - 7:30am
- Sunday, July 22 - 6:30pm