This edition: June 2013 Edition
Original tape date: June 1, 2013.
First aired: June 1, 2013.
On this episode of 219West, NYPD Stop and Frisk policing is commented on. This tactic has been highly criticized in which many believe that it is discriminatory and unlawful. There is a new app that hopes to alleviate abuse of the Stop and Frisk tactic within New York City. The app records footage and sound in a quick and efficient way and sends this video quickly to a team of lawyers in order to make sure justice is being carried out lawfully. Also on this episode, homosexuality is looked at within athletics, professional and even just recreationally. hey look at the taboo of being gay within athletics and the steps being taken to make homosexual players comfortable to play sports.
- Cyber Insecurity
- Tuesday, December 18 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, December 19 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30pm
- Native Americans Heritage: The Culture and the Conflict
- Tuesday, November 27 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 28 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 2 - 6:30pm