This edition: Child Brides in Ethiopia; Migration/Mexico; Laos/War on Drugs
Stolen Childhood: Child Brides in Ethiopia
Millions of girls around the world – some as young as five years old – find their fates sealed by early marriages. We travel to Ethiopia – the country with the highest rate of child marriage anywhere in the world – to live life with a child bride. This segment was named Best Feature Report in the 2007 CNN World Report Awards competition and Best Foreign Short Doc Film.in the 2007 Moondance Film Festival in California.
Migration: The Hard Road Through Mexico
Hundreds of thousands of migrants from Central America enter Mexico every year hoping to reach the United States. It’s a dangerous journey fueled only by the desperate dream of a better life.
Laos: The War on Drugs
Laos – once the heart of the Golden Triangle. Tens of thousands addicted to opium. Our cameras will take you to the frontline of Laos’s war on drugs as one country confronts its
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal.
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, March 19 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, March 20 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, March 21 - 12:30pm
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm
- Argentina; China; U.S.
- Monday, February 19 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 20 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 21 - 12:30pm
- Monday, March 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, March 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, March 7 - 12:30pm