This edition: Gem Slaves/Tanzania; Mongolia/Healthcare Crisis; Sudan Refugees
GEMS SLAVES: CHILD LABOUR IN TANZANIA
Around the world, more than 240 million children are put to work, three quarters of them in the most dangerous of conditions. Our cameras will take you inside the mines of Tanzania to witness life as a child laborer.
MONGOLIA: ONE COUNTRY'S HEALTHCARE CRISIS
Mongolia - It’s a starkly beautiful country with a rich history. But when Soviet subsidies ended in the early nineties, Mongolia’s healthcare system crumbled putting hundreds of thousands of its citizens at risk. How is Mongolia dealing with the challenge?
SUDAN REFUGEES: RETURNING HOME
There are an estimated twenty-five million displaced persons around the world. But the family you’re about to meet is beginning their long journey home to southern Sudan. After years of civil war, is it possible their home will still be there? Or will their hopes be shattered?
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal.
- Monday, April 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18 - 12:30pm
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Tuesday, March 20 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, March 21 - 12:30pm
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm