This edition: Deadly Catch: Lake Victoria's AIDS Crisis; Fight for Life: Afghanistan; Razor's Edge: Female Genital Mutilation
DEADLY CATCH: LAKE VICTORIA'S AIDS CRISIS
Lake Victoria in Kenya - a bustling community where secret sexual deals have devastating consequences.
FIGHT FOR LIFE; AFGHANISTAN
From the fall of the Taliban to the rebuilding of a shattered nation, Afghanistan is a country undergoing extraordinary change. But when it comes to pregnancy and childbirth, mothers and their babies are still fighting for their lives.
RAZOR'S EDGE: THE CONTROVERSY OF FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION
It’s estimated that up to 140 million girls and women worldwide have undergone a coming-of-age ritual that is shrouded in secrecy and controversy. Now, for the first time, there are serious efforts to end this potentially dangerous practice.
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal.
- Monday, April 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18 - 12:30pm
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Wednesday, March 21 - 12:30pm
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm