This edition: Children of the Intifada; Somalia: The Price of a Better Life; The Nuclear Legacy of Semipalatinsk
THE FORGOTTEN ONES: CHILDREN OF THE INTIFADA
A conflict is raging between Palestinian armed groups and Israel Defense Forces. Nearly four-thousand five-hundred Palestinians have died…more than one thousand Israelis. But the cost of this conflict can be measured not only in the lives that have ended, but in the toll taken on the living…especially the children.
SOMALIA: THE PRICE OF A BETTER LIFE
Somalia – it’s a country wracked by violence and poverty with many searching for an escape. What happens when the dream of a new life turns into its own nightmare. Here’s our story.
THE NUCLEAR LEGACY OF SEMIPALATINSK
The cold war and the battle for nuclear supremacy created a network of Soviet secret cities decades ago. Tonight, a journey to one of those cities, and a look at a dangerous legacy still felt today.
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal.
- Monday, April 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, April 21 - 9:30am
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm