This edition: No Way Out: Violence on the Streets of Nairobi; The Children Left Behind (Moldova); & Rape in Haiti: Justice at a Crossroad
Original tape date: September 1, 2007.
NO WAY OUT: VIOLENCE ON THE STREETS OF NAIROBI
Somalia is a country wracked by almost two decades of civil war. Many of its people have fled to neighboring countries. They may make it across the borders but escaping the violence that has taken over their lives is a lot tougher.
THE CHILDREN LEFT BEHIND
Many parents will do anything they can to give their children a better future. But sometimes they and their kids have to make terrible sacrifices for their dreams. In Moldova, in Eastern Europe, so many parents have left to find work elsewhere that a generation of children are “left-behind”…growing up virtually alone.
RAPE IN HAITI: JUSTICE AT A CROSSROAD
How do you combat a crime so widespread, so accepted, that few perpetrators are ever punished? The crime is rape, and the country -- Haiti. But now, through the efforts of some courageous Haitian women, justice is beginning to be served.
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal.
- Eric Sawyer, AIDS Activist; Nepal; USA
- Monday, July 23 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, July 24 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, July 25 - 12:30pm
- Monday, August 6 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, August 7 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 8 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, August 12 - 5:00pm
- Monday, August 20 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, August 21 - 8:00am, 2:00pm