This edition: A Talk Show Host Makes it Big in Boom Town Juba (Sudan); Health Brigades in Ecuador's Amazon; Bali: Rejuvenating the Reefs
Original tape date: May 1, 2008.
A TALK SHOW RADIO HOST MAKES IT BIG IN BOOM TOWN JUBA
In 2005, southern Sudan emerged from a civil war which claimed the lives of over a million people and displaced many more. Since then, a huge number of refugees have been returning to their homes, transforming the city of Juba...for better or worse.
HEALTH BRIGADES IN ECUADOR'S AMAZON
Providing health care to all is a struggle for most countries today. But what if the people you were trying to help live in a remote jungle -- virtually impossible to reach? This is the story of a unique group of doctors and nurses in Ecuador's Amazon region.
BALI: REJUVENATING THE REEFS
Indonesia is home to 50,000 square kilometres of coral reef -- almost one fifth of the world's total. Known as the "tropical forests of the ocean", these reefs are home to a rich diversity of animals and plants. It's an abundant and beautiful ecosystem, but one that is also under threat.
- Monday, April 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, April 21 - 9:30am
- Sunday, April 22 - 5:00pm
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm