This edition: Bolivia: Guarani Fight for Rights; Saving Lives, One Sniff at at Time: Demining Dogs in South Sudan; The Chance to Save Millions: A Bold New Endeavor (Africa).
Original tape date: June 1, 2008.
BOLIVIA: GUARANI FIGHT FOR RIGHTS
For many of us it's hard to imagine that there are still places in the world where people work for wealthy landowners for little more than room and board. But deep in the tropical forests of southern Bolivia, this is what the indigenous Guarani people continue to endure. Now they are fighting for their human rights -- and they have the support of the Bolivian government.
SAVING LIVES, ONE SNIFF AT A TIME: DE-MINING DOGS IN SOUTH SUDAN
For years South Sudan was ravaged by conflict. Now that the guns have fallen silent millions of war displaced are coming home, only to face a dangerous legacy...landmines. Here, as in other post-conflict areas worldwide, heroic dogs are on the frontline of combat against these hidden killers.
THE CHANCE TO SAVE MILLIONS: A BOLD NEW ENDEAVOUR
Across Africa, millions of adults and children die every year from treatable diseases. Sometimes all that is needed is one shot...or a single pill. But with the vast majority of Africans living in remote areas, the question becomes -- how to get these potentially life-saving treatments to the sick? A bold new endeavour may just be an answer
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal.
- Final Edition.
- Wednesday, September 26 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 30 - 5:00pm
- Final Edition.
- Monday, September 24 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 25 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Eric Sawyer, AIDS Activist; Nepal; USA
- Monday, September 17 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 18 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 19 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 23 - 5:00pm
- UN Peacekeeping: Service and Sacrifice
- Monday, September 10 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 12 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:05pm
- Liberia: Legacy of Peace; Palestiniadi
- Monday, September 3 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:00pm
- 2017: Mali, Seychelles; Japan
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:00pm