This edition: Mongolia: Children at Risk; Rwanda: Lessons from a Hero; Brazil: Pinto do Acordeon, "Forro."
Original tape date: July 1, 2008.
MONGOLIA: CHILDREN AT RISK
In the midst of rapid global change, Mongolia is undergoing dramatic transformation. Its youth are growing up in a very different world than their parents. Children, especially from poor families, are being left alone, and getting into trouble with the law.
RWANDA: LESSONS FROM A HERO
Have you ever wondered how you would react in extreme circum-stances? Could you imagine risking your own life so that others can survive? That was the choice many faced in Rwanda in 1994 when hard-line Hutus set out to kill any Tutsi they could find. Here's one man's remarkable story.
BRAZIL: PINTO DO ACCORDEON, "FORRO"
We've all seen them, people on the street selling cheap copies of the latest movie or song. Few of us give much thought to the fact that most of these products are illegally produced. It's called copyright piracy but it’s far from a victimless crime. Here’s a perspective from one of Brazil's leading singers...in his own words.
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal.
- Eric Sawyer, AIDS Activist; Nepal; USA
- Monday, September 17 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 18 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 19 - 12:30pm
- UN Peacekeeping: Service and Sacrifice
- Monday, September 10 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 12 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:05pm
- Liberia: Legacy of Peace; Palestiniadi
- Monday, September 3 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:00pm
- 2017: Mali, Seychelles; Japan
- Wednesday, August 22 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:00pm