This edition: Paraguay: Julio and Jorge; Yemen: A Wave of Weapons; Morocco Rights
Original tape date: December 1, 2008.
PARAGUAY: JULIO AND JORGE
Behind closed doors of psychiatric institutions in many impoverished countires, too many children and adults with mental disabilities live their lives in suffering and isolation. Shut away, they are denied their right to a dignified existence. We travel to Paraguay to follow the parallel stories of Julio and Jorge, two autistic young men, who have suffered at the hands of a system that has failed to understand and protect them.
YEMEN: A WAVE OF WEAPONS
Yemen, situated on the Arabian Sea, is home to one of the oldest civilizations in the world. It is also home to a tidal wave of weapons. This story takes you inside a bustling arms trade where the statistics are staggering and the consequences devastating.
A little-known story of a nation coming to grips with its secrets...and its pain. Morocco -- once terrorized by a repressive regime -- has been facing its past and forging a new future. Thousands of victims of horrific human rights abuses speak out in unprecedented televised public hearings...with remarkable results.
- Eric Sawyer, AIDS Activist; Nepal; USA
- Monday, September 17 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 18 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 19 - 12:30pm
- UN Peacekeeping: Service and Sacrifice
- Monday, September 10 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 12 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:05pm
- Liberia: Legacy of Peace; Palestiniadi
- Monday, September 3 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:00pm
- 2017: Mali, Seychelles; Japan
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:00pm