This edition: One Woman's Battle: Fight for Justice in Niger; UAE: Camel Jockeys; The Last Kankan of Nakhchivan
Original tape date: January 1, 2009.
ONE WOMAN'S BATTLE: FIGHT FOR JUSTICE IN NIGER
Born...or sold into slavery. It's the brutal reality for hundreds of thousands of African women. But in Niger, one extraordinary woman fought back. In a groundbreaking legal battle she charged that her government failed to protect her. The outcome could change history.
UAE: CAMEL JOCKEY
In the Gulf, one country has confronted an age-old tradition which in the past risked the lives of small boys. Now technology has come to their rescue.
THE LAST KANKAN OF NAKHCHIVAN
Water affects the survival of every living thing on earth. The scarcity of this precious resource has become one of our greatest challenges. In less than twenty years, nearly two billion people could face water shortages. But one country -- Azerbaijan -- which sits between Europe and Western Asia -- has come up with an ingenious solution to its water crisis.
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal.
- Saturday, April 21 - 9:30am
- Sunday, April 22 - 5:00pm
- Monday, April 30 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, May 1 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, May 2 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, May 5 - 9:30am
- Sunday, May 6 - 5:00pm
- Monday, May 14 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, May 15 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, May 16 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, May 19 - 9:30am
- Sunday, May 20 - 5:00pm
- Monday, April 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18 - 12:30pm
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm