This edition: Ethiopia: A Family in Crisis; Austria: Showing the Red Card; Ecuador: Making Birth Choices
Original tape date: March 1, 2009.
ETHIOPIA: A FAMILY IN CRISIS
Life for Ayatu Nure has not turned out as he expected. Once a wealthy landowner, he followed the age-old tradition of his people, and took more than one wife. In fact, he took many wives! This story takes us to Ethiopia to see the family they created.
AUSTRIA: SHOWING THE RED CARD
As many as one in every three women in the world is a victim of domestic violence... To escpe the abuse, women often have to leave their homes and their children behind. But in Austria, a ground-breaking bill is protecting women...and saving their families.
ECUADOR: MAKING BIRTH CHOICES
Ten years ago, Ecuador, in South America, passed a law giving women free maternal health care. But the challenge is getting some women to accept it.
- The HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Where Does The World Stand?
- Monday, January 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 12:30pm