This edition: Ethiopia: A Family in Crisis; Austria: Showing the Red Card; Ecuador: Making Birth Choices
Original tape date: March 1, 2009.
ETHIOPIA: A FAMILY IN CRISIS
Life for Ayatu Nure has not turned out as he expected. Once a wealthy landowner, he followed the age-old tradition of his people, and took more than one wife. In fact, he took many wives! This story takes us to Ethiopia to see the family they created.
AUSTRIA: SHOWING THE RED CARD
As many as one in every three women in the world is a victim of domestic violence... To escpe the abuse, women often have to leave their homes and their children behind. But in Austria, a ground-breaking bill is protecting women...and saving their families.
ECUADOR: MAKING BIRTH CHOICES
Ten years ago, Ecuador, in South America, passed a law giving women free maternal health care. But the challenge is getting some women to accept it.
- Eric Sawyer, AIDS Activist; Nepal; USA
- Monday, September 17 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 18 - 8:00am
- UN Peacekeeping: Service and Sacrifice
- Monday, September 10 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 12 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:05pm
- Liberia: Legacy of Peace; Palestiniadi
- Monday, September 3 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:00pm
- 2017: Mali, Seychelles; Japan
- Monday, August 20 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, August 21 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 22 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:00pm