This edition: Brazil: The Judge Marked for Death; India's Disappearing Daughters; Guyana: The Gold Rush
Original tape date: August 1, 2009.
BRAZIL: THE JUDGE MARKED FOR DEATH
Brazil is the second largest market for cocaine in the Americas and a major transit country for illegal drugs heading for Europe. The drugs bring with them a tide of violence and crime -- but one man has decided to take a stand.
INDIA'S DISAPPEARING DAUGHTERS
An epidemic is wiping out India's daughters. It's not a disease or famine -- it's parents deciding not to have baby girls. This disturbing trend is not new but modern science is enabling it, with disastrous results for India's future.
GUYANA: THE GOLD RUSH
Gold has been sought after since the beginning of human history. In these troubled times, it is seen as a safe investment. But as demand for this treasured metal grows, so too do its dangers to miners and the environment.
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal.
- Final Edition.
- Monday, September 24 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 25 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 26 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 30 - 5:00pm
- Eric Sawyer, AIDS Activist; Nepal; USA
- Monday, September 17 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 18 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 19 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 23 - 5:00pm
- UN Peacekeeping: Service and Sacrifice
- Monday, September 10 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 12 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:05pm
- Liberia: Legacy of Peace; Palestiniadi
- Monday, September 3 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:00pm
- 2017: Mali, Seychelles; Japan
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:00pm