This edition: Cyprus: The Disappeared; Sosan's Story: Domestic Violence in Afghanistan
Original tape date: September 1, 2009.
CYPRUS: THE DISAPPEARED
The agony of losing a loved one is unbearable, no matter the circumstances. But imagine waiting decades to find out how a member of your family died. That's been the plight of people on both sides of the divided island nation of Cyprus. But soon, those harrowing mysteries may be solved.
SOSAN'S STORY: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN AFGHANISTAN
Eight years after the fall of the Taliban, targeted violence against women in Afghanistan is back at an alarming level. Women of all ages are enduring brutal physical and sexual abuse in their own homes. A few lucky ones find their way to one of only six shelters in the country. We visited one of them.
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal.
- The HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Where Does The World Stand?
- Monday, January 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 12:30pm