This edition: Cyprus: The Disappeared; Sosan's Story: Domestic Violence in Afghanistan
Original tape date: September 1, 2009.
CYPRUS: THE DISAPPEARED
The agony of losing a loved one is unbearable, no matter the circumstances. But imagine waiting decades to find out how a member of your family died. That's been the plight of people on both sides of the divided island nation of Cyprus. But soon, those harrowing mysteries may be solved.
SOSAN'S STORY: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN AFGHANISTAN
Eight years after the fall of the Taliban, targeted violence against women in Afghanistan is back at an alarming level. Women of all ages are enduring brutal physical and sexual abuse in their own homes. A few lucky ones find their way to one of only six shelters in the country. We visited one of them.
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal.
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, June 11 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, June 12 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, June 13 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, June 17 - 5:00pm
- UN Peacekeeping: Service and Sacrifice
- Monday, May 28 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, May 29 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, May 30 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, June 3 - 5:00pm