This edition: Bolivia's Glacier: A Vanishing Future; Global Warming: Vietnam's New Enemy; Jakarta: A City in Jeopardy
Original tape date: December 1, 2009.
BOLIVIA'S GLACIER: A VANISHING FUTURE
In South America, many Bolivians are victims of a warming planet. High up in the Andes mountains ... a disaster is in the making as many of the glaciers are melting at rates surprising even the experts. At risk are tens of thousands of people who rely on the water as a source of life.
GLOBAL WARMING: VIETNAM'S NEW ENEMY
Vietnam's economy is finally thriving after decades of war. But a new and insidious enemy -- global warming -- is hitting this South East Asian country, with deadly force.
JAKARTA: A CITY IN JEOPARDY
Global warming and climate change is threatening the entire region of the South East Asian nation -- and not just its rural areas. One of the largest cities in the world, Indonesia's capital, Jakarta, is uniquely vulnerable... It's at risk of sinking.
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal.
- Monday, April 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, April 21 - 9:30am
- Sunday, April 22 - 5:00pm
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm