This edition: Guatemala: The Struggle for Justice; Nepal: Women on the Move; Sri Lanka: Cleansing Toxic Water
Original tape date: January 1, 2010.
GUATEMALA: THE STRUGGLE FOR JUSTICE
Guatemala is one of the world's most violent countries: murder, extortion, trafficking and gang warfare are rife. But very few violent criminals are ever prosecuted. One woman is risking her life to change that.
NEPAL: WOMEN ON THE MOVE
Millions of women work overseas each year -- almost half a million from Nepal alone. The money they send home is supporting their families but sometimes the women are cruelly exploited. Now, Nepal is helping its female migrant workers fight for their rights.
SRI LANKA: CLEANSING TOXIC WATER
In Sri Lanka, chemicals are contaminating ground water and threatening people's health. One researcher is using nature to clean up a man-made problem.
- The HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Where Does The World Stand?
- Monday, January 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 12:30pm