This edition: Haitian Art: Buried but Not Dead & Tunisia: Saving a Sea, Saving a Culture
Original tape date: June 1, 2010.
HAITIAN ART: "BURIED BUT NOT DEAD"
Haiti's exuberant, brightly-coloured paintings have brought the island international fame. But did the devastating earthquake in January end all that, burying the artistic spirit along with the masterpieces? Will Haitian art and culture climb out of the rubble? We travel there to find out.
TUNISIA: SAVING A SEA, SAVING A CULTURE
The oceans play an essential role in sustaining life, but marine resources are increasingly being depleted. That's what's happened in a small fishing village in Tunisia, where over fishing has destroyed people's livelihoods. This story looks at how local fishermen are bringing back the fish and safeguarding an activity that has been passed down through generations.
- The HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Where Does The World Stand?
- Monday, January 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 12:30pm