This edition: Malawi: Standing Up for Women's Rights; Jordan: In the Name of Honour; Egypt: The Girl who Dreamed of School
Original tape date: December 27, 2010.
Malawi: Standing up for Women's Rights
In many traditional cultures, women aren’t allowed to own or inherit property. Losing a husband through death or divorce can be a guarantee of poverty. But two women in Malawi have defied that fate.
Jordan: In the name of Honor
If you’re a woman, there are places in the world where simply smiling at a man or refusing an arranged marriage can get you killed. But one country in the Middle East is leading the fight to stop these crimes.
Egypt: The girl who Dreamed of School
In rural Egypt, if you’re young and female, your prospects of going to school are dim. But one young girl now has a chance to dream.
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal
- The HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Where Does The World Stand?
- Monday, January 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 12:30pm