This edition: Burkina Faso: A Filmmaker's Quest; Colombia: Wayuu Gold; Azerbaijan: Preserving the Legacy of Music
Original tape date: February 17, 2011.
Burkina Faso: A Filmmaker’s Quest
Movies tell you so much about a culture - its values, its shared experiences, its aspirations. But most African countries are struggling to develop their own film industries. We take you now to Burkina Faso, where one man has devoted his life to telling his country's stories through cinema.
Colombia: Wayuu “Gold”
Colombia - it's home to a bounty of one of the world's most precious resources. Yet not all Colombians are getting their fair share. We travel to a remote corner of the country where an extraordinary woman is fighting for her community's very survival.
Azerbaijan: Preserving the Legacy of Music
You may not recognize him but critics have called him "simply one of the greatest living singers." Revered by lovers of spiritual music worldwide, this talent from Azerbaijan is making sure his traditional music is passed down for generations to come.
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal
- Monday, April 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, April 21 - 9:30am
- Sunday, April 22 - 5:00pm
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm