This edition: Bangladesh: Seeking Justice; Madagascar: The Bitter Harvest; Brazil: The Promise of Water
Original tape date: March 18, 2011.
Bangladesh: Seeking justice
In Bangladesh, many young women are striving to break down traditional barriers. But for some, this comes at a high price. We take you to this South East Asian nation where one woman's struggle for equality and justice could mean success for all women.
Madagascar: Vanilla farmers
Vanilla – it’s one of our favourite flavors. It’s in everything from ice cream to coffee. But for many of the farmers who grow it, life is proving to be anything but sweet.
It’s a phenomenon unknown to many, yet it threatens almost half of the world’s land. It's called desertification and if left unchecked, its effects are disastrous. But in the drylands of Brazil, new hope is emerging and capturing the world's attention.
Host: Daljit Dhaliwal
- Monday, April 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, April 21 - 9:30am
- Sunday, April 22 - 5:00pm
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm