This edition: Dr. Congo's "Child Witches"; Palestine: Bread-Winner, Bread Maker; Argentina: Dreaming of a Clean River
Original tape date: May 23, 2011.
Democratic Republic of the Congo: DRC's "Child Witches"
Children in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the DRC have had their share of dangers: the country’s civil war has killed millions of people, left a nation traumatized and families struggling in poverty. But in recent years DRC’s children are facing a new threat – being cast out of their own homes and forced to undergo dangerous rituals - all in the name of superstition.
Palestine: Bread Winner, Bread Maker
In a land torn apart by years of bitter conflict, the daily struggle to survive is an ongoing battle. Feeding the family is a constant challenge. We travel to the Occupied Palestinian Territory to meet some inspirational women who are bringing hope to thousands.
Argentina: Dreaming of a Clean River
One of the world’s most polluted rivers flows through Argentina’s capital Buenos Aires and threatens the health of the city’s poorest people. Now, one determined nine-year-old girl and her tenacious mother have decided enough is enough.
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, March 19 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, March 20 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, March 21 - 12:30pm
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm
- Argentina; China; U.S.
- Monday, February 19 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 20 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 21 - 12:30pm
- Monday, March 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, March 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, March 7 - 12:30pm