This edition: Dr. Congo's "Child Witches"; Palestine: Bread-Winner, Bread Maker; Argentina: Dreaming of a Clean River
Original tape date: May 23, 2011.
Democratic Republic of the Congo: DRC's "Child Witches"
Children in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the DRC have had their share of dangers: the country’s civil war has killed millions of people, left a nation traumatized and families struggling in poverty. But in recent years DRC’s children are facing a new threat – being cast out of their own homes and forced to undergo dangerous rituals - all in the name of superstition.
Palestine: Bread Winner, Bread Maker
In a land torn apart by years of bitter conflict, the daily struggle to survive is an ongoing battle. Feeding the family is a constant challenge. We travel to the Occupied Palestinian Territory to meet some inspirational women who are bringing hope to thousands.
Argentina: Dreaming of a Clean River
One of the world’s most polluted rivers flows through Argentina’s capital Buenos Aires and threatens the health of the city’s poorest people. Now, one determined nine-year-old girl and her tenacious mother have decided enough is enough.
- Final Edition.
- Wednesday, September 26 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 30 - 5:00pm
- Final Edition.
- Monday, September 24 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 25 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Eric Sawyer, AIDS Activist; Nepal; USA
- Monday, September 17 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 18 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 19 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 23 - 5:00pm
- UN Peacekeeping: Service and Sacrifice
- Monday, September 10 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 12 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:05pm
- Liberia: Legacy of Peace; Palestiniadi
- Monday, September 3 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:00pm
- 2017: Mali, Seychelles; Japan
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:00pm