This edition: India: Forgotten Women; Gabon: People In The Forest
Original tape date: October 20, 2011.
India: Forgotten Women
They number nearly 250 million worldwide ... almost half of them live in extreme poverty. They are widows, many discriminated against and relegated to a life of isolation. In India, we get a glimpse of what life is like for these forgotten women.
Gabon: People In The Forest
For most of us, owning a passport or identity card is something we take for granted. But many people around the world have never been recognized as citizens of their own country. We travel to the rain-forest of Gabon in West Africa to meet such a group – the pygmies. And with us is one man determined to help them on their route to recognition.
- The HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Where Does The World Stand?
- Monday, January 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 12:30pm