This edition: Dancing For Peace In The Democratic Republic Of The Congo; Bolivia: Unlocking A Nation's Bounty
Original tape date: January 17, 2012.
Dancing For Peace In The Democratic Republic Of The Congo
In The Democratic Republic of the Congo, millions have died and hundreds of thousands of women raped since a civil war began there more than a decade ago. But amid the violence, is a group of people determined to use the power of dance to spread a message of peace. We take you on stage with the National Ballet of Congo who hope their work will inspire change.
Bolivia: Unlocking A Nation's Bounty
The vast salt flats of Bolivia, just beneath its surface lies one of the most sought after minerals in the world. Nearly one half of the global supply of lithium - a key ingredient powering electric cars, cell phones and laptops - is found here. But can this poor country, with a centuries’ old history of having its mineral wealth exploited, actually realize its potential... before it's too late?
- The HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Where Does The World Stand?
- Monday, January 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 12:30pm
- 2017: Mali, Seychelles; Japan
- Monday, February 19 - 9:00pm