This edition: A New Vision for Russia; Saving Noor: Women's Rights in Iraq
Original tape date: May 16, 2012.
First aired: May 3, 2012.
A New Vision For Russia
If you can’t get on a train or enter a building because you are disabled it isn’t just an inconvenience – it’s a denial of a human right. Today we meet two activists in Moscow whose own disabilities have made them all the more determined to bring about change.
Saving Noor: Women's Rights In Iraq
Iraq’s elections have helped move it towards democracy, but the on-going violence, extremism and chaos still threaten the nation’s most vulnerable citizens: women and children. Amid this turmoil, many courageous Iraqis are striving to protect their human rights.
- Monday, April 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, April 21 - 9:30am
- Sunday, April 22 - 5:00pm
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm