This edition: A New Vision for Russia; Saving Noor: Women's Rights in Iraq
Original tape date: May 16, 2012.
First aired: May 3, 2012.
A New Vision For Russia
If you can’t get on a train or enter a building because you are disabled it isn’t just an inconvenience – it’s a denial of a human right. Today we meet two activists in Moscow whose own disabilities have made them all the more determined to bring about change.
Saving Noor: Women's Rights In Iraq
Iraq’s elections have helped move it towards democracy, but the on-going violence, extremism and chaos still threaten the nation’s most vulnerable citizens: women and children. Amid this turmoil, many courageous Iraqis are striving to protect their human rights.
- Eric Sawyer, AIDS Activist; Nepal; USA
- Monday, July 9 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, July 10 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, July 11 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, July 15 - 5:00pm
- Argentina; China; U.S.
- Monday, June 25 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, June 26 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, June 27 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, July 1 - 5:00pm
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Sunday, June 17 - 5:00pm