This edition: A New Vision for Russia; Saving Noor: Women's Rights in Iraq
Original tape date: May 16, 2012.
First aired: May 3, 2012.
A New Vision For Russia
If you can’t get on a train or enter a building because you are disabled it isn’t just an inconvenience – it’s a denial of a human right. Today we meet two activists in Moscow whose own disabilities have made them all the more determined to bring about change.
Saving Noor: Women's Rights In Iraq
Iraq’s elections have helped move it towards democracy, but the on-going violence, extremism and chaos still threaten the nation’s most vulnerable citizens: women and children. Amid this turmoil, many courageous Iraqis are striving to protect their human rights.
- The HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Where Does The World Stand?
- Monday, January 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 12:30pm
- 2017: Mali, Seychelles; Japan
- Monday, February 19 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 20 - 8:00am, 2:00pm