This edition: Afghan Migrant Akhtar's Story; Greenland: The Lookout for Nuclear Explosions.
Original tape date: January 29, 2013.
Afghan Migrant Akhtar’s Story
This episode of UN 21st Century tells the story of desperate people driven from their homes by wars or poverty, and one woman who is striving to become the region's first black president.
Greenland: The Lookout for Nuclear Explosions
At a remote outpost in Qaanaaq, northern Greenland, one operator runs an infrasound station year round which detects atomic activity. It's part of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test- Ban Treaty or CTBTO's network of sensors that monitor the globe for violations. Now a committed team of engineers brave the elements to upgrade the infrasound station to ensure high quality data that could save lives in the event of disaster.
- Saturday, April 21 - 9:30am
- Sunday, April 22 - 5:00pm
- Monday, April 30 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, May 1 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, May 2 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, May 5 - 9:30am
- Sunday, May 6 - 5:00pm
- Monday, May 14 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, May 15 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, May 16 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, May 19 - 9:30am
- Sunday, May 20 - 5:00pm
- Monday, April 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18 - 12:30pm
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm