This edition: Cameroon: A Silent Killer; Nepal: Striving for a Healthy Future; & Finding a Future on the West Bank
Original tape date: February 14, 2013.
“Cameroon: A Silent Killer”
UN 21st Century travels to Cameroon in West Africa to see how one nation is grappling with a growing epidemic: Cancer - It kills more people people around the world than HIV and AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis combined. And now, it's emerging as one of the leading causes of death in Africa.
“Nepal: Striving for a Healthy Future”
Nepal - It's home to some of the most beautiful scenery on earth. But millions of Nepalese don't have enough to eat and many children are desperately malnourished. But efforts are underway to change all that ... and it seems to be working.
“Finding a Future on the West Bank”
In the midst of a decades-long conflict, it's hard to keep hold of hope. That's the case for millions Israeli and Palestinian families caught up in the struggle over land and security in the Middle East. But UN 21st Century travels to one village in the West Bank whose youth are building hope for the future... one step at a time.
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Final Edition.
- Monday, September 24 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 25 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 26 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 30 - 5:00pm
- Eric Sawyer, AIDS Activist; Nepal; USA
- Monday, September 17 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 18 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 19 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 23 - 5:00pm
- UN Peacekeeping: Service and Sacrifice
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:05pm