This edition: Cameroon: A Silent Killer; Nepal: Striving for a Healthy Future; & Finding a Future on the West Bank
Original tape date: February 14, 2013.
“Cameroon: A Silent Killer”
UN 21st Century travels to Cameroon in West Africa to see how one nation is grappling with a growing epidemic: Cancer - It kills more people people around the world than HIV and AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis combined. And now, it's emerging as one of the leading causes of death in Africa.
“Nepal: Striving for a Healthy Future”
Nepal - It's home to some of the most beautiful scenery on earth. But millions of Nepalese don't have enough to eat and many children are desperately malnourished. But efforts are underway to change all that ... and it seems to be working.
“Finding a Future on the West Bank”
In the midst of a decades-long conflict, it's hard to keep hold of hope. That's the case for millions Israeli and Palestinian families caught up in the struggle over land and security in the Middle East. But UN 21st Century travels to one village in the West Bank whose youth are building hope for the future... one step at a time.
- Monday, April 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, April 21 - 9:30am
- Sunday, April 22 - 5:00pm
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm