This edition: Zimbabwe: Pot of Gold; Mozambique: Losing Out
Original tape date: September 16, 2013.
First aired: October 3, 2013.
Zimbabwe. Pot of Gold
Zimbabwe’s billion dollar gold-mining industry is crucial for the country’s struggling economy but, traditionally, more than half the country’s population has been excluded from taking part. But now Zimbabwean women are breaking barriers to share in the wealth, following in the steps on one extraordinary entrepreneur.
Mozambique. Losing Out
Child marriage - deprives girls of an education and may even put their lives at risk. But efforts are underway to change this practice. We travel to Mozambique to see how a country with one of the highest rates of child marriage anywehre is fighting to ensure ALL young girls have a chance of a new future.
- The HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Where Does The World Stand?
- Monday, January 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 12:30pm
- 2017: Mali, Seychelles; Japan
- Monday, February 19 - 9:00pm