This edition: Italy: Breaking the Slave Trade; Sudan Darfur: Peace from the Past
First aired: January 2, 2014.
Italy: Breaking the Slave Trade
It’s one of the most lucrative businesses in the world... generating billions of dollars ... while destroying millions of lives. It trades in the most precious commodity – human beings – many of whom end up as sex slaves. We follow an extraordinary woman dedicated to stopping human trafficking or, as she calls it, this modern day slavery.
Sudan Darfur: Peace from the Past
At its source -- the ten-year conflict in Sudan’s Darfur region can be described as a competition for natural resources like water and arable land… turning neighbors into deadly foes. But now, new programmes -- built in part on past traditions -- aim to once again create a peaceful future.
- The HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Where Does The World Stand?
- Monday, January 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 12:30pm