This edition: Tajikistan: Building Democracy; Jordan: Syria's Refugees Meet Mama
First aired: April 3, 2014.
Tajikistan: Building Democracy
Struggling to find jobs and hope for a secure future, many young people are leaving Tajikistan, the former Soviet Republic in Central Asia. But some are determined to find a new way forward, believing they now have a chance to build democratic traditions in their country.
Jordan: Syria’s Refugees Meet Mama
Over the past three years, Syria’s civil war has left more then 130,000 dead and forced millions to flee to neighbouring countries like Jordan. In the midst of this catastrophe, one extraordinary woman remains focused on her work: changing lives for the better.
- Monday, April 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, April 21 - 9:30am
- Sunday, April 22 - 5:00pm
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm