This edition: Thailand: Fighting Domestic Violence; Ghana: Fake Medicine; India: Fishermen
First aired: June 5, 2014.
Thailand: Fighting Domestic Violence
Domestic violence is a tragic feature of millions of womens’ lives. But in Thailand, new efforts are underway to better protect women from violence at the hands of their partners. We follow the story of one young trainee police-officer, who’s dedicated to bringing change.
Ghana: Fake Medicines
Modern medicine has transformed lives around the world – protecting children and adults from diseases that would have killed in the past. But medicines are also big business – and at risk from corrupt traders – sometimes with dire consequences. We take you to Ghana.
Freedom from a modern form of slavery – that was the aim of a small group of fishermen in a village on India’s southern coast. Could they escape the grasp of moneylenders who had controlled them for generations?
- Saturday, April 21 - 9:30am
- Sunday, April 22 - 5:00pm
- Monday, April 30 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, May 1 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, May 2 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, May 5 - 9:30am
- Sunday, May 6 - 5:00pm
- Monday, May 14 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, May 15 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, May 16 - 12:30pm
- Saturday, May 19 - 9:30am
- Sunday, May 20 - 5:00pm
- Monday, April 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18 - 12:30pm
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm