This edition: Uruguay Forty Years Later; Trinidad
Original tape date: July 14, 2014.
First aired: August 7, 2014.
Uruguay Forty Years Later: Victims Still Seek Truth and Justice
Uruguay was known as one of the “Torture Chambers of Latin America” during the Cold War in the 70s and early 80s under the then dictatorship. Now survivors and relatives of the missing are pressing for the truth about what happened during those dark days in their nation's history. We follow a man determined to help them.
Trinidad: Saving the Turtles.
They are among the oldest creatures in the world and they only rarely venture out of the sea. But when they do, they are especially vulnerable - and it takes an unusual combination of people and nature to protect them.
- Eric Sawyer, AIDS Activist; Nepal; USA
- Monday, September 17 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 18 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 19 - 12:30pm
- UN Peacekeeping: Service and Sacrifice
- Monday, September 10 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 12 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:05pm
- Liberia: Legacy of Peace; Palestiniadi
- Monday, September 3 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:00pm
- 2017: Mali, Seychelles; Japan
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:00pm