This edition: Robinson Crusoe Island: Ocean Sentinel; Mali: A Quest for Safety; Democratic Republic of Congo: A Doctor's Struggle.
First aired: November 6, 2014.
Robinson Crusoe Island: Ocean Sentinel (CTBTO)
Robinson Crusoe Island – a place so remote that the famous novel by Daniel Defoe was inspired by its history. But the island’s modern-day role is far from fictional. Today it’s a crucial link in the planet’s security network – keeping a constant look-out for seismic events, both natural and man-made.
Mali: A Quest for Safety
A rebel group takes over your town - and then threatens to recruit your children. This is what happened to the inhabitants of Timbuktu in northern Mali. We follow the story of one man who fled with his family into an uncertain future - just one of over 30 million people displaced in their own countries around the globe.
Democratic Republic of Congo: A Doctor’s Struggle
Since war broke out in the Democratic Republic of Congo in 1996 more than 200,000 women have suffered from sexual violence. Helping the survivors tests the limits of even the most courageous medical workers – like this doctor in Bukavu.
- Eric Sawyer, AIDS Activist; Nepal; USA
- Monday, September 17 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 18 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 19 - 12:30pm
- UN Peacekeeping: Service and Sacrifice
- Monday, September 10 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 12 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:05pm
- Liberia: Legacy of Peace; Palestiniadi
- Monday, September 3 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:00pm
- 2017: Mali, Seychelles; Japan
- Monday, August 20 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, August 21 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 22 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:00pm