This edition: The Cook Islands; Chile's Forgotten Mining Towns; South Sudan - In Their Own Words
First aired: December 4, 2014.
The Cook Islands - "Ocean Wealth"
A vast ocean, a cluster of tiny islands and deep down on the sea-bed a modern-day treasure. The Cook Islands in the South Pacific are facing a huge decision - we take you to one of the marine wonders of the world.
Chile's Forgotten Mining Towns
It’s an almost forgotten story in Chile – the miners who toiled under the desert sun and helped fuel the rise of today’s modern nation. For more than a hundred years, the mines produced saltpeter - a key ingredient for both gunpowder and fertilizer. But these heritage sites – now ghost towns - could be lost forever.
South Sudan - In their Own Words : Ken Payumo's Story
South Sudan descends into civil war. Can anyone protect the fleeing civilians? Ken Payumo’s story - in his own words.
- The HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Where Does The World Stand?
- Monday, January 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 12:30pm