This edition: Solomon Islands: The Wood for Trees; Suicide and Despair Among Brazil's Indigenous
First aired: January 1, 2015.
Solomon Islands: The Wood for Trees
We take you to the Solomon Islands, a land of dense trees once populated by head-hunters. A struggle is underway – how to keep up with the 21st Century, while also protecting a way of life.
Suicide and Despair Among Brazil’s Indigenous.
In Brazil, many young indigenous people are finding the ultimate way to escape despair: suicide. Behind this disturbing trend is a conflict over land.
- Eric Sawyer, AIDS Activist; Nepal; USA
- Monday, September 17 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 18 - 8:00am
- UN Peacekeeping: Service and Sacrifice
- Monday, September 10 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 12 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:05pm
- Liberia: Legacy of Peace; Palestiniadi
- Monday, September 3 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:00pm
- 2017: Mali, Seychelles; Japan
- Monday, August 20 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, August 21 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 22 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:00pm