This edition: #103: Uruguay - Forty Years Later; Trinidad: Saving the Turtles
Uruguay- Forty Years Later
A period of terror, masterminded by the dictatorships of six countries in South America in 1975, took a toll on the population, especially those who were imprisoned and tortured. Today, more than a hundred people remain missing and their relatives still don’t know what happened to them.
Trinidad: Saving the Turtles
They are among the oldest creatures in the world and they only rarely venture out of the sea. But when they do, Leatherback sea turtles are especially vulnerable - and it takes an unusual combination of people and nature to protect them. The United Nations Forum on Forests, UNFF, is joining with the local community to save the future of the species.
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Monday, June 11 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, June 12 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, June 13 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, June 17 - 5:00pm
- UN Peacekeeping: Service and Sacrifice
- Monday, May 28 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, May 29 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, May 30 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, June 3 - 5:00pm