This edition: South Carolina: Rights to Ancestral Land; Dominican Republic: Fighting for Change
First aired: November 5, 2015.
South Carolina: Rights to Ancestral Land
The legacy of slavery in the United States lives on today in South Carolina and Georgia. The Gullah Geechee peoples, descendants of African slaves, are facing a struggle to hold on to their land and culture.
Dominican Republic: Fighting for Change
In the Dominican Republic, people who live on the sugar-cane plantations have traditionally faced hardship and exclusion. But a new holistic approach to supporting them is opening up fresh possibilities.
- The HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Where Does The World Stand?
- Monday, January 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 12:30pm