This edition: South Carolina: Rights to Ancestral Land; Dominican Republic: Fighting for Change
First aired: November 5, 2015.
South Carolina: Rights to Ancestral Land
The legacy of slavery in the United States lives on today in South Carolina and Georgia. The Gullah Geechee peoples, descendants of African slaves, are facing a struggle to hold on to their land and culture.
Dominican Republic: Fighting for Change
In the Dominican Republic, people who live on the sugar-cane plantations have traditionally faced hardship and exclusion. But a new holistic approach to supporting them is opening up fresh possibilities.
- Monday, April 16 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18 - 12:30pm
- Evidence of Hope; Real-Life Mermaids; Projecting Strength, Providing Protection
- Tuesday, March 20 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, March 21 - 12:30pm
- Monday, April 2 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 4 - 12:30pm