This edition: China; Nepal; Ukraine
Original tape date: September 29, 2016.
First aired: October 6, 2016.
China: Electronic wastebasket
The digital revolution - smart phones, ipads, and computers – is leaving a digital mountain of e-waste. China is one of the largest producer – and discarder – of electronic devices. Now it’s looking for solutions.
Nepal: Rebuilding After the Earthquake
Nepal has a long way to go after the 2015 earthquake. Many children lost their parents – and their schools. Today, we look at how one village – and one family – is trying to rebuild.
Ukraine: Television Democracy
In 2014 Ukraine’s government was ousted by protestors calling for greater transparency and less corruption. Since then armed conflict has killed ten thousand and displaced millions – but hopes for a more open society have not gone away.
- Eric Sawyer, AIDS Activist; Nepal; USA
- Monday, September 17 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 18 - 8:00am
- UN Peacekeeping: Service and Sacrifice
- Monday, September 10 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 12 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:05pm
- Liberia: Legacy of Peace; Palestiniadi
- Monday, September 3 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:00pm
- 2017: Mali, Seychelles; Japan
- Monday, August 20 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, August 21 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, August 22 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:00pm