This edition: China; Nepal; Ukraine
Original tape date: September 29, 2016.
First aired: October 6, 2016.
China: Electronic wastebasket
The digital revolution - smart phones, ipads, and computers – is leaving a digital mountain of e-waste. China is one of the largest producer – and discarder – of electronic devices. Now it’s looking for solutions.
Nepal: Rebuilding After the Earthquake
Nepal has a long way to go after the 2015 earthquake. Many children lost their parents – and their schools. Today, we look at how one village – and one family – is trying to rebuild.
Ukraine: Television Democracy
In 2014 Ukraine’s government was ousted by protestors calling for greater transparency and less corruption. Since then armed conflict has killed ten thousand and displaced millions – but hopes for a more open society have not gone away.
- The HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Where Does The World Stand?
- Monday, January 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 12:30pm