This edition: Detecting Nuclear Tests; Hoda from Gaza; Refugees in Japan
First aired: October 2, 2017.
Detecting Nuclear Tests - The Last Link In The Chain (8'20"): Detecting nuclear tests is the task of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization. The last link in a worldwide monitoring system has just been installed on a remote island.
Hoda From Gaza: Blinded By A Bullet, Seeking An Education (9'48"): Hoda was blinded by a stray bullet while sitting in class at a UN-run school in Gaza. Filmed over fourteen years, this is the story of a Palestinian girl's struggle to build a new life.
Refugees In Japan (4'20"): Japan is one of the biggest funders of the United Nations refugee agency. But few refugees find a home there.
- Argentina; China; U.S.
- Monday, February 5 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, February 7 - 12:30pm
- Monday, February 19 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 20 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- The HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Where Does The World Stand?
- Monday, January 22 - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 12:30pm