Latest edition: AFT Pres. Randi Weingarten
Original tape date: April 20, 2013.
First aired: May 8, 2013.
Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers addresses ABNY members about the newly adopted Common Core State Standards for math and English language arts urging a moratorium on the consequences of testing associated with these new standards and teaching methods. While Ms. Weingarten indicated teachers's strong support for CCSS, she expressed fears that the lack of teacher training and development of a high-quality curriculum will make it impossible to fairly assess student learning, teacher evaluations, or school performance. "More time on the front end is needed...we are committed to the success of getting the transition to Common Core right."
Randi Weingarten President, American Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO
- ABNY Breakfast with Adolfo Carrion
- Wednesday, May 22 - 10:30am, 3:30pm, 10:00pm
- Sunday, May 26 - 8:30am
- New York City's Competitiveness in Attracting Talent
- Monday, May 27 - 9:00am, 3:00pm, 9:00pm
- Saturday, June 1 - 4:00pm
- AFT Pres. Randi Weingarten
- Wednesday, May 8 - 10:30am, 3:30pm, 10:00pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 5:30pm
- Sunday, May 12 - 8:30am
- Anthony W. Marx, Pres. & CEO, New York Public Library
- Monday, April 22 - 9:30am, 3:30pm, 9:30pm
- Saturday, April 27 - 4:30pm
- ABNY Breakfast with John Liu, New York City Comptroller
- Monday, April 22 - 9:00am, 3:00pm, 9:00pm
- Saturday, April 27 - 4:00pm
- ABNY Breakfast with Chelsea Clinton
- Saturday, April 20 - 4:00pm