This edition: Planning & Preparation in Era of Climate ChangeTweet
Original tape date: November 13, 2012.
First aired: November 19, 2012.
In his opening remarks, Association for a Better New York, Chairman, Bill Rudin, reminds us of the destruction many still live with in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. Rudin applauds the firefighters, first responders, and volunteers who continue to work so tirelessly to help their neighbors and to restore their communities.
ABNY Chairman Rudin introduces NY City Council Speaker, Christine C. Quinn to speak about proposals for better preparing New York City for the consequences of global climate change. With both immediate and long-range planning, Speaker Quinn spoke of plans to strengthen buildings, energy and sewer systems, mass transit and gasoline distribution. Quinn urged fast tracking studies in progress to analyze both risks and best protections.
Hon. Christine C. Quinn Speaker, New York City Council
- Andrew M. Cuomo, Governor, NYS & Joseph Lhota, Chair, MTA
- Tuesday, April 24 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, April 26 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, April 28 - 4:00pm
- Sunday, April 29 - 5:30pm
- New York City and the 2020 Census
- Tuesday, May 8 - 3:00pm, 8:30pm
- Thursday, May 10 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, May 12 - 4:00pm
- Sunday, May 13 - 4:30pm
- No recent shows on the schedule