This edition: Planning & Preparation in Era of Climate ChangeTweet
Original tape date: November 13, 2012.
First aired: November 19, 2012.
In his opening remarks, Association for a Better New York, Chairman, Bill Rudin, reminds us of the destruction many still live with in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. Rudin applauds the firefighters, first responders, and volunteers who continue to work so tirelessly to help their neighbors and to restore their communities.
ABNY Chairman Rudin introduces NY City Council Speaker, Christine C. Quinn to speak about proposals for better preparing New York City for the consequences of global climate change. With both immediate and long-range planning, Speaker Quinn spoke of plans to strengthen buildings, energy and sewer systems, mass transit and gasoline distribution. Quinn urged fast tracking studies in progress to analyze both risks and best protections.
Hon. Christine C. Quinn Speaker, New York City Council
- Post-Election Panel
- Tuesday, September 25 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 9:00am
- Sunday, September 30 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, October 2 - 3:00pm
- Richard Carranza, NYC DOE Chancellor
- Tuesday, October 9 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 9:00am
- Sunday, October 14 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, October 16 - 3:00pm
- No recent shows on the schedule