This edition: AFT Pres. Randi WeingartenTweet
Original tape date: April 20, 2013.
First aired: May 8, 2013.
Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers addresses ABNY members about the newly adopted Common Core State Standards for math and English language arts urging a moratorium on the consequences of testing associated with these new standards and teaching methods. While Ms. Weingarten indicated teachers's strong support for CCSS, she expressed fears that the lack of teacher training and development of a high-quality curriculum will make it impossible to fairly assess student learning, teacher evaluations, or school performance. "More time on the front end is needed...we are committed to the success of getting the transition to Common Core right."
Randi Weingarten President, American Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO
- ABNY Breakfast with Senator Chuck Schumer
- Tuesday, April 16 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, April 18 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, April 20 - 9:00am
- Sunday, April 21 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, April 23 - 3:00pm
- Census 2020 For a Better New York
- Tuesday, March 19 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, March 21 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, March 23 - 9:00am
- Sunday, March 24 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, March 26 - 3:00pm