This edition: AFT Pres. Randi WeingartenTweet
Original tape date: April 20, 2013.
First aired: May 8, 2013.
Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers addresses ABNY members about the newly adopted Common Core State Standards for math and English language arts urging a moratorium on the consequences of testing associated with these new standards and teaching methods. While Ms. Weingarten indicated teachers's strong support for CCSS, she expressed fears that the lack of teacher training and development of a high-quality curriculum will make it impossible to fairly assess student learning, teacher evaluations, or school performance. "More time on the front end is needed...we are committed to the success of getting the transition to Common Core right."
Randi Weingarten President, American Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO
- Midterm Election Forecast
- Tuesday, September 25 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 9:00am
- Sunday, September 30 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, October 2 - 3:00pm
- Richard Carranza, NYC DOE Chancellor
- Tuesday, October 9 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 9:00am
- Sunday, October 14 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, October 16 - 3:00pm
- No recent shows on the schedule