Latest edition: Chester Higgins, Jr., photographer, "Capturing the Spirit"
Original tape date: March 15, 2013.
First aired: April 1, 2013.
In this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown is joined by Photographer, Chester Higgins Jr.
Mr. Higgins shares that one of the secrets in capturing a great picture is connecting the spirit to the eye and heart. Tune in to hear what inspired Chester Higgins Jr. to write his new book, "Echo of the Spirit" and where he ventured last to capture priceless and breathtaking photos.
To see more of Chester Higgins Jr's work, please visit, www.chesterhiggins.com
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Chester Higgins, Jr. Photographer & Author, The New York Times
- Aaron McCargo, Food Network's chef, The Flavor and The Passion
- Monday, May 20 - 8:30am, 2:30pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, May 25 - 6:00pm
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Monday, May 27 - 8:30am, 2:30pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, June 1 - 6:00pm
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Monday, June 3 - 8:30am, 2:30pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, June 8 - 6:00pm
- Phylicia Rashad, actress, Who Am I?
- Monday, May 13 - 8:30am, 2:30pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 6:00pm
- Madaha Kinsey-Lamb, Executive Director, Mind Builders, Expanding the Mind
- Monday, May 6 - 8:30am, 2:30pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 6:00pm
- Danny Simmons, Artist, The Power in Creativity
- Monday, April 29 - 8:30am, 2:30pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 6:00pm
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Monday, April 22 - 8:30am, 2:30pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, April 27 - 6:00pm
- Voza Rivers, Executive Producer, The New Heritage Theatre, Keeping Theater Alive
- Saturday, April 20 - 6:00pm