Latest edition: Chester Higgins, Jr., photographer, "Capturing the Spirit"Tweet
Original tape date: March 15, 2013.
First aired: April 1, 2013.
In this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown is joined by Photographer, Chester Higgins Jr. Mr. Higgins shares that one of the secrets in capturing a great picture is connecting the spirit to the eye and heart. Tune in to hear what inspired Chester Higgins Jr. to write his new book, "Echo of the Spirit" and where he ventured last to capture priceless and breathtaking photos. To see more of Chester Higgins Jr's work, please visit, www.chesterhiggins.com
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Chester Higgins, Jr. Photographer/Author, The New York Times
- David N. Dinkins, 106th Mayor of New York City, Politics Then and Now
- Monday, December 9 - 8:30am, 2:30pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 14 - 6:00pm
- Reading is Still Fundamental
- Monday, December 2 - 8:30am, 2:30pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 7 - 6:00pm
- Ted Shaw, Professor, Columbia University, Does the Law Have a Color?
- Monday, November 25 - 8:30am, 2:30pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, November 30 - 6:00pm
- One Hundred Black Men... Celebrating 50 Years!
- Monday, November 18 - 8:30am, 2:30pm, 8:30pm
- Chester Higgins, Jr., photographer, "Capturing the Spirit"
- Monday, November 11 - 8:30am, 2:30pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, November 16 - 6:00pm
- Hon. C. Virginia Fields, Pres./CEO, National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS, "Be Informed"
- Saturday, November 9 - 6:00pm