Latest edition: Chester Higgins, Jr., photographer, "Capturing the Spirit"Tweet
Original tape date: March 15, 2013.
First aired: April 1, 2013.
In this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown is joined by Photographer, Chester Higgins Jr. Mr. Higgins shares that one of the secrets in capturing a great picture is connecting the spirit to the eye and heart. Tune in to hear what inspired Chester Higgins Jr. to write his new book, "Echo of the Spirit" and where he ventured last to capture priceless and breathtaking photos. To see more of Chester Higgins Jr's work, please visit, www.chesterhiggins.com
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Chester Higgins, Jr. Photographer/Author, The New York Times
- Danny Simmons, Artist, The Power in Creativity
- Tuesday, January 29 - 5:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Tuesday, February 5 - 5:30am
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Tuesday, February 12 - 5:30am
- FUBU - The Collection
- Tuesday, February 19 - 5:30am
- Diedra Harris-Kelley, Co-Director, Romare Bearden Foundation, Reflecting on the Life & Works of Romare Bearden
- Tuesday, January 22 - 5:30am
- A Conversation with Shirley Stewart Farmer
- Tuesday, January 15 - 5:30am
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Tuesday, January 8 - 5:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Tuesday, January 1 - 5:30am