Latest edition: Chester Higgins, Jr., photographer, "Capturing the Spirit"Tweet
Original tape date: March 15, 2013.
First aired: April 1, 2013.
In this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown is joined by Photographer, Chester Higgins Jr. Mr. Higgins shares that one of the secrets in capturing a great picture is connecting the spirit to the eye and heart. Tune in to hear what inspired Chester Higgins Jr. to write his new book, "Echo of the Spirit" and where he ventured last to capture priceless and breathtaking photos. To see more of Chester Higgins Jr's work, please visit, www.chesterhiggins.com
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Chester Higgins, Jr. Photographer/Author, The New York Times
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Phylicia Rashad, actress, Who Am I?
- Tuesday, February 2 - 11:30pm
- Exploring the Wild
- Tuesday, January 26 - 11:30pm
- Saturday, January 30 - 6:00pm
- Dr. Lonnie G. Bunch, director, National Museum of African-American History and Culture, "Remembering When..."
- Tuesday, January 19 - 11:30pm
- Saturday, January 23 - 6:00pm
- Christopher Paul Moore, author, "Black Soldiers: The Unsung Heroes of World War II"
- Tuesday, January 12 - 11:30pm
- Saturday, January 16 - 6:00pm
- Woodie King Jr., Founder & Director, New Federal Theatre, Discussing the 40th Reunion Gala Benefit
- Saturday, January 9 - 6:00pm