Latest edition: Chester Higgins, Jr., photographer, "Capturing the Spirit"Tweet
Original tape date: March 15, 2013.
First aired: April 1, 2013.
In this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown is joined by Photographer, Chester Higgins Jr. Mr. Higgins shares that one of the secrets in capturing a great picture is connecting the spirit to the eye and heart. Tune in to hear what inspired Chester Higgins Jr. to write his new book, "Echo of the Spirit" and where he ventured last to capture priceless and breathtaking photos. To see more of Chester Higgins Jr's work, please visit, www.chesterhiggins.com
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Chester Higgins, Jr. Photographer/Author, The New York Times
- Clifford Mason
- Tuesday, December 2 - 11:30pm
- Saturday, December 6 - 6:00pm
- Olivia J. Hooker, Tulsa Race Riot Survivor, and Reggie Turner, Filmmaker, "I Survived"
- Tuesday, December 9 - 11:30pm
- Saturday, December 13 - 6:00pm
- David R. Jones, CEO, Community Service Society, The Fight to Stop Poverty
- Tuesday, December 16 - 11:30pm
- Saturday, December 20 - 6:00pm
- Inez Dickens
- Tuesday, November 25 - 11:30pm
- Gail Buckley, "American Patriots"
- Tuesday, November 18 - 11:30pm
- Saturday, November 22 - 6:00pm
- Lee A. Archer, Tuskegee Airman Ace
- Tuesday, November 11 - 11:30pm
- Saturday, November 15 - 6:00pm
- Dr. Khalil Muhammad, director, Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Saturday, November 8 - 6:00pm
- Earl Monroe, NY Knicks Legend & Hall of Famer, "Still Making Magic Happen"
- Tuesday, October 28 - 11:30pm
- Saturday, November 1 - 6:00pm