This edition: Greater Harlem Nursing Home
Original tape date: September 29, 1998.
In this edition, Reita Brown talks about the present situation regarding health care for people in the African American community of New York City in need of long-term care.
Furthermore, Reita Brown relates how residents of The Greater Harlem Nursing Home are actively involved with their families and the community while they are being well cared for by the nurses of the home. Payment procedures for the home’s facilities are also discussed. An important episode that adds knowledge and insight to the ever unfortunate task of seeking health care for the elderly.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Reita Fuller Administrator, Greater Harlem Nursing Home
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Tuesday, December 18 - 5:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Tuesday, January 1 - 5:30am
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Tuesday, January 8 - 5:30am
- Dr. James Forbes Jr., author, "Whose Gospel?"
- Tuesday, December 11 - 5:30am
- Col. Lee Archer, Tuskegee Airman
- Tuesday, December 4 - 5:30am
- Kevin Wardally, Political Consultant, "Strategies in Politics"
- Tuesday, November 27 - 5:30am