This edition: Essie Green GalleriesTweet
Original tape date: February 10, 1999.
Essie Green Edminston tells how she got started collect African American art and her collection grew into one of the premier African galleries in NYC. She further discusses the works and lives of some African American artists.
The program is hosted by Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr., Director of the Center for Urban Education Policy at the CUNY Graduate Center, and a former President of Bronx Community College.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Essie Green Edminston Director, Essie Green Galleries
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Tuesday, February 26 - 5:30am
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Tuesday, March 5 - 5:30am
- William Greaves, Filmmaker
- Tuesday, March 12 - 5:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Tuesday, March 19 - 5:30am
- FUBU - The Collection
- Tuesday, February 19 - 5:30am
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Tuesday, February 12 - 5:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Tuesday, February 5 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Artist, The Power in Creativity
- Tuesday, January 29 - 5:30am
- Diedra Harris-Kelley, Co-Director, Romare Bearden Foundation, Reflecting on the Life & Works of Romare Bearden
- Tuesday, January 22 - 5:30am