This edition: Rod RodgersTweet
Original tape date: May 10, 2000.
In this edition, Dr. Brown talks with Rod Rodgers who is the creator and Director of the Rod Rodgers Dance Company. Mr. Rodgers carries on the work of his parents, which enables their legacy and contribution to the arts to be an emblem of modern African American culture. Rod Rodgers’ contemporary dances are mixtures of pure entertainment and a prominent desire to help people understand the struggle African Americans have had to endure in this country.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Rod Rodgers Creater/Director, The Rod Rodgers Dance Company
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Thursday, March 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 29 - 4:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Thursday, April 5 - 4:30am
- Thursday, April 12 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Thursday, February 15 - 4:30am