This edition: Terry Lane, Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone
Original tape date: October 25, 2000.
The President of the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone, Terry Lane, discusses how his organization helps the neighborhoods of upper Manhattan, especially in creating new jobs. One of the main issues addressed is how the money that UMEZ has obtained from the city, state, and federal government will be spent on social services and economic development.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Terry Lane President, Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone
- Dr. James Forbes Jr., author, "Whose Gospel?"
- Tuesday, December 11 - 5:30am
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Tuesday, December 18 - 5:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Tuesday, January 1 - 5:30am
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Tuesday, January 8 - 5:30am
- Col. Lee Archer, Tuskegee Airman
- Tuesday, December 4 - 5:30am
- Kevin Wardally, Political Consultant, "Strategies in Politics"
- Tuesday, November 27 - 5:30am