This edition: Terry Lane, Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone
Original tape date: October 25, 2000.
The President of the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone, Terry Lane, discusses how his organization helps the neighborhoods of upper Manhattan, especially in creating new jobs. One of the main issues addressed is how the money that UMEZ has obtained from the city, state, and federal government will be spent on social services and economic development.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Terry Lane President, Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone
- After Football Guest: George Martin, former Executive Director, NFL Alumni Association
- Tuesday, March 26 - 5:30am
- Priorities for New Yorkers of African Descent during the Bloomberg Administration
- Tuesday, April 2 - 5:30am
- State Senator, David Paterson
- Tuesday, April 9 - 5:30am
- Lloyd C. Grant, publisher of KIP Business Report
- Tuesday, April 16 - 5:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Tuesday, March 19 - 5:30am
- William Greaves, Filmmaker
- Tuesday, March 12 - 5:30am
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Tuesday, March 5 - 5:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Tuesday, February 26 - 5:30am
- FUBU - The Collection
- Tuesday, February 19 - 5:30am